Step 2 Measures – 12 April 2021
The main changes from Step 1B to Step 2 for Bowmoor are the opening of outdoor hospitality and an ability to open changing rooms. We are still considering the implications of commercial caravan parks opening for self-contained units but bear in mind that we are a sailing club and camping is an ancillary facility to support on-water activity.
The following rules and guidance have been detailed by the Government and are effective from 12 April 2021. The overarching guidelines for Govt guidance that come into are ‘Hands. Face. Space’:
- Hands – wash your hands regularly and for 20 seconds.
- Face – wear a face covering in indoor settings where social distancing may be difficult, and where you have contact with people you do not normally meet.
- Space – stay 2 metres apart from people you do not live with where possible, or 1 metre with extra precautions in place (such as wearing face coverings).
We are required to have a log of everyone who comes on site and retain that for 21 days. This will be achieved through our website-based booking system and a QR code at the gate and the Clubhouse. An additional activity (maintenance/admin) is available. Please book activities and use the QR codes for Track and Trace.
- Minimum 2m apart at all times (unless within family group). If less than 2m even with mitigation (eg, face covering) for more than 15 minutes (accrued time) you are a contact!
- Rule of 6 or no more than 2 households: Groups cannot exceed 6 are allowed outside, no intergroup mixing.
- Mixed crews permitted but must not intermingle with other family bubbles/groups.
- No meeting indoors.
- No indoor activities/classes.
- Storage lockers – one person inside room/shed at a time.
- No general use of the Clubhouse
- Changing rooms open – limited capacity
- Showers may be used but actively discouraged.
- Access for toilets.
- Galley – Takeaway and outdoor table service available.
- Face covering to be worn inside the Clubhouse.
- Wipe down all surfaces and handles touched with soap/disinfectant/anti-bac wipes.
Trace and Trace
- Use QR Codes entering grounds.
- Use Clubhouse QR Code entering the building.
- Book all visits on website.
- Permitted, maximum 4 nights in a 7-day period.
- Must be booked here.
- Under close control at all time.
The key guidelines for Bowmoor are:
- Do not come to the Club if you experience Covid-like symptoms.
- Book or record all visits to the site and use the QR codes.
- Group size no more than 6, or 2 families, with no inter-group mingling.
- Maintain 2 metre separation (more than 1 metre with face covering) indoors and outside. Please pay attention to spaces between boats whilst on the shoreline.
- Only one person inside locker room/shed at a time.
- Face coverings must be worn indoors.
- Do not invite guests to the club.
- Avoid using the changing rooms if you can.
- Wash hands after you touch anything or wear gloves.
- Wipe down door handles, bathroom facilities, appliances, and all surfaces using with soapy water or anti-bac-wipes.