Covid Measures: Step 1(B) Effective 29 March 2021
Outdoor Sport facilities are permitted to open in accordance with Step One limitations. This means we can go Sailing (including racing), swimming and paddling (canoe and SUP) but within the measures detailed below. We are not able to re-start formal RYA training at this stage. It will be possible to run coaching for groups of 5 with one instructor.
The following rules and guidance have been detailed by the Government and are effective from 29 March 2021. The overarching guidelines for Govt guidance that come into are ‘Hands. Face. Space’:
- Hands – wash your hands regularly and for 20 seconds.
- Face – wear a face covering in indoor settings where social distancing may be difficult, and where you have contact with people you do not normally meet.
- Space – stay 2 metres apart from people you do not live with where possible, or 1 metre with extra precautions in place (such as wearing face coverings).
We are required to have a log of everyone who comes on site and retain that for 21 days. This will be achieved through our website-based booking system and a QR code at the gate and the Clubhouse. An additional activity (maintenance/admin) is available. Please book activities and use the QR codes for Track and Trace.
- Minimum 2m apart at all times (unless within family group). If less than 2m even with mitigation (eg, face covering) for more than 15 minutes (accrued time) you are a contact!
- Rule of 6 or no more than 2 households: Groups cannot exceed 6 are allowed outside, no intergroup mixing.
- Mixed crews permitted but must not intermingle with other family bubbles/groups.
- No meeting indoors.
- No indoor activities/classes.
- Storage lockers – one person inside room/shed at a time.
- No use of changing rooms
- Access for toilets only.
- Galley – Takeaway service may be available.
- Face covering to be worn inside the Clubhouse when accessing toilets or ordering food from the galley.
- Wipe down all surfaces and handles touched with soap/disinfectant/anti-bac wipes.
Trace and Trace
- Use QR Codes entering grounds.
- Use Clubhouse QR Code entering the building.
- Book all visits on website.
- Not permitted.
- Under close control at all time.
The key guidelines for Bowmoor are:
- Do not come to the Club if you experience Covid-like symptoms.
- Book or record all visits to the site and use the QR codes.
- Group size no more than 6, or 2 families, with no inter-group mingling.
- Maintain 2 metre separation (more than 1 metre with face covering) indoors and outside. Please pay attention to spaces between boats whilst on the shoreline.
- Only one person inside locker room/shed at a time.
- Face coverings must be worn indoors.
- Do not invite guests to the club.
- Changing rooms strictly emergency use only.
- Wash hands after you touch anything or wear gloves.
- Wipe down door handles, bathroom facilities, appliances, and all surfaces using with soapy water or anti-bac-wipes.